Los Angeles County deputies were informed of recent shots fired near the popular California wilderness park where a pharmaceutical scientist was killed earlier in the summer by a single shot in front of his daughters.
The Los Angeles Times on Monday reported that representatives reacted twice in the last week to reports of gunshots at the Malibu Creek State Park campground, which has been closed since the June 22 killing.
Tristan Beaudette was killed by a single gunshot gale to the psyche as he slept in a tent with his young daughters. There were seven shootings reported at the ballpark prior to Beaudette’s killing.
A spokeswoman from the sheriff’s part told the paper that responding representatives on Monday and Thursday last week find no evidence of a filming taking place.
In one of the three previously identified incidents prior to the June 22 killing, a person’s car was shot. In another, a prey was shot but didn’t report that to sheriff’s deputies for a daytime and a half, county Sheriff Jim McDonnell said in June.
Beaudette, 35, took his daughters, ages 2 and 4, on what was supposed to be a final camping journey in Los Angeles before the family moved to the San Francisco Bay Area, their own families said in a post on GoFundMe. His wife skipped the tour because she was preparing to take an exam.
The park sprawls over more than 12 square miles in the rugged Santa Monica Mountains west of Los Angeles. It offers camping, hiking, biking, rock climbing as well as a look at points being implemented in filming Hollywood movies and Tv appearances, such as “MASH.”
Although a wilderness, it is easily accessed from greater Los Angeles via U.S. 101 to the north and Pacific Coast Highway on the Malibu coast to the south.
The Associated Press contributed to this report