Category Archives: Kitesurfing
Jamajca 2013. Bomboclat.
Going on a Kitesurfing Holiday
One of the best things you can do during a holiday is to discover a new activity. A kitesurfing holiday is ideal for you to explore the new extreme sport that’s taking the world by storm.
What is kitesurfing all about? Well, it’s all about you, the wind and the sea. Actually, it’s all about maintaining control and getting the most out of life while strapping yourself onto a board, launching a kite, and hanging on. If you want to discover what it’s all about during your holiday, then here are some things you should know:
1) Training matters – if you are new to the sport, then your holiday might be a great way to try out this sport. You might not hit grab the kite and hit the water right away but you will definitely enjoy kitesurfing after a brief training. Kitesurfing, after all is an extreme sport for a reason. There is danger involved. When you are being taught, you need to listen.
2) The equipment – Since it is a holiday, you might be given the opportunity to rent or lease equipment. However, that does not mean that you shouldn’t check out the quality of the equipment you would be using. Make sure that the safety gears you are using are effective and rated. Kitesurfing is an activity that relies on equipment to give you the enjoyment and safety you need. Do not take the tools of the trade for granted as they may be the only things keeping you from an accident.
3) Enjoy – whether you are taking the lessons or actually going on the water, never forget that you are on a holiday. The purpose of a kitesurfing holiday is to give you fun and relaxation, not add to your stress by pressuring you into learning a new activity. Try to have fun when you are learning how to kitesurf. Actually, most kitesurfing coaches or schools would probably make the training experience quite good for you. Once you know the basics, then you can truly enjoy yourself.
4) Be safe – Make sure that you follow the safety guidelines proscribed by your trainers and the beach officers. This would allow you to minimize the chances of an accident. Check the weather forecasts to see if any sudden changes in the weather are expected.
5) Location, location, location – Being on a kitesurfing holiday, you might be given the opportunity to explore different locations. This is especially so if you are a beginner. New locations will challenge you, as well as give you ample opportunity to enjoy yourself. Just make sure that you don’t do anything stupid like surfing without the right training.
6) Other activities – although kitesurfing holidays revolve around, well, kitesurfing, that is no reason for you not to explore other activities. After all, what’s with going on a beach holiday without swimming? The excitement of kitesurfing can only do so much to ease your boredom. Make sure that you also have other activities planned in order to get the best holiday ever.
Kitesurfing is rapidly gaining popularity all over the world. Going on a kitesurfing holiday can indeed be a great idea. However, you have to keep the tips above in your mind. This way, you can have fun without the danger.
Jamajca 2013. Bomboclat. Going on a Kitesurfing Holiday One of the best things you can do during a holiday is to discover a new activity. A kitesurfing holiday is ideal for you to explore the new extreme sport that’s taking the world by storm. What is kitesurfing all about? Well, it’s all about you, the … Read More
Great White Shark attack while filming kitesurfer in water. Due to the 1000’s of naive remarks made, we have disabled comments. Now simply enjoy the motion picture and compose your very own mind. Flying kites is originally a child’s past time. However that does no stop the adults from continuing to enjoy them. Kites have … Read More